Resource London is governed through a Partnership Board constituted as an LWARB Committee. In November 2014, the LWARB Board agreed the core membership comprising a nominated LWARB Chair, LWARB COO and a member of the WRAP Executive Board.
The LWARB Board delegated responsibility to these representatives and appointed the remaining members of the committee from key London stakeholders. The final Partnership Board comprises of the following members:
- Cllr Clyde Loakes (chair), LWARB
- Cllr Feryal Demirci, LWARB
- Peter Maddox, WRAP
- Niall Bolger, the Chief Executives London Committee (CELC) and LB Sutton
- Carolyn Dwyer – London Environment Directors’ Network (LEDNET), City of London
In addition there are three non-voting observers from the GLA, London Councils and LWARB:
- Andrew Richmond, GLA
- Katharina Winbeck, London Councils
- Wayne Hubbard, LWARB
Budget and grant agreement
Resource London will have a budget of £2.25 million (inclusive of staffing, administration and delivery) in 2015/16, comprising a £1.5 million commitment from LWARB and £750,000 from WRAP. The Partnership will also seek new funding and partnerships to deepen and accelerate programme delivery.
The benefits of a partnership approach
The Partnership will allow LWARB and WRAP to:
- Deliver common objectives;
- Capture efficiencies in delivery (better value for money); and
- Bring in new stakeholders and funding to help deliver the programme
For London boroughs the Partnership will create a one agency approach providing specific, focused and tailored regional and local support.