What we do
Resource London is the jointly funded partnership programme created by LWARB and WRAP. It is a support programme for London waste authorities, helping them to achieve recycling targets set by the Mayor of London and national government. It will maximise the resources of both organisations for the benefit of London.
Resource London activities will seek to reinvigorate recycling efforts in the capital.
The objective of the programme is that by 2020, London will have more consistent and more efficient waste and recycling services that:
- reduce the city’s waste footprint and reinvigorate recycling to make a significant contribution towards the Mayor’s ambition for London to achieve 65% recycling by 2030;
- make an effective contribution to the Mayor of London’s CO2 emissions performance standard; and
- are able to make a significant contribution towards England achieving its 50% household waste recycling target in 2020.
To achieve this, a range of support is deployed across four focus areas:
- minimising the amount of waste produced and maximising re-use;
- increasing and improving the capture of unavoidable food waste;
- improving the yield of dry recycling from flats
- increasing the quality of dry recycling to maximise income and service performance.
This support is delivered through three work streams:
Provision of support to a single or multiple waste authorities to develop and manage their service with the goal of maximising recycling performance.
Delivering borough level and London wide communications support under the Recycle for London campaign and London tailored Love Food Hate Waste and Love Your Clothes campaigns.
Innovation and development
Developing expertise within waste authorities to reduce identified skills gaps and enable progressive solutions to be implemented through research and best practice.