Grade 7 (£45,742 – £50,522 – pay award pending)
Fixed term contract to March 2020
The Mayor of London’s London Environment Strategy identifies opportunities to increase commercial recycling rates across the capital and he has asked LWARB to take a lead in making this a reality. LWARB is seeking an individual to work with the GLA, businesses, business improvement districts, , the London councils, the waste industry, and other stakeholders to improve recycling services to businesses across the capital.
Who you are
You are passionate about changing the way we live and do business in London to ensure our city thrives by making the very best use of all materials and resources. You are an experienced waste professional, and ideally will have worked with local government or commercial waste management companies before. You are looking to contribute and develop your expertise towards a mission that you believe in. You think creatively, you are proactive, an independent worker and team player. You are motivated about supporting local government and business to adapt, innovate and evolve have the skills and experience to advise them on effective business models. You are comfortable with building upon relationships with existing partners and stakeholders, as well as identifying opportunities for new businesses and partners.
The role is focused on working with key stakeholders to improve and increase the provisions of cost effective, harmonised recycling solutions for London businesses, which deliver better quality materials and increase the proportion of London’s commercial waste that is recycled. The role will include:
- working with London boroughs, commercial waste companies, businesses and business support organisations to increase the provision and uptake of commercial recycling service (including food waste);
- supporting work with TFL and BIDS on business waste service consolidation trials to help improve service provision;
- providing efficient and effective business support to the London boroughs to develop commercially viable and competitive commercial waste recycling businesses (services);
- mapping existing commercial recycling service provision and service quality (including surveying businesses to understand their needs and barriers of using recycling services) to establish baseline data and then work with key stakeholders to set performance targets and put in place systems to capture better data on commercial recycling tonnages;
- leading specific business development and marketing activities, such as presenting at sector events, establishing business partnerships or attending networking events; and
- liaising with other LWARB programmes and ensuring that cross-collaboration is achieved.
Details of the job description and person specification are here: Municipal Waste Officer – Job Description
To apply please send a CV and a short covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification (included in the job description) to email@example.com
Applications must be received by 12.00 noon on Monday 2nd July.
If you have any queries about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
London’s diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London’s diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.